Monday, August 3, 2009

Refreshed

So I'm sitting here praying earnestly for the Lord to give me joy and to fill my heart with gladness. Daniel went into work this morning and came back telling me he had to work in Marble Falls this week. As I helped him pack his bags for the third week in a row, I began fighting back the sadness and pity that began to try to cloud my mind. He's been in College Station for the past two weeks working. While Daniel has been gone, Satan has been trying to make me resentful for Daniel's absence and make me feel like Dan's love for me is wavering, and quite honestly, I've been hosting a pity party for myself.....on an hourly basis. Thankfully, the Lord constantly reminds me of His plans during this time and the fact that Satan has no desire other than to STEAL, KILL, and DESTROY. During my time with the Lord this morning, he reminded me that Dan's love for me is the driving force for Daniel working as hard as he does to support us. The Lord refreshed me this morning with a passionate desire to support and encourage Daniel, no matter where he is. How could I be resentful? Resentment is NOT of the Lord! Bitterness is NOT of the Lord! Rejoicing is! So that is my desire, to REJOICE and seek to uphold and grow the love the Lord initially planted within both of our hearts for each other. Daniel is my workhorse and for that I am thankful. The Lord works everything for the good of those who love Him. REJOICE in the Lord always, again, I say REJOICE!

1 comment:

  1. Love and miss you Jenny! I know these past few weeks have been difficult for you. We have been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete