Monday, August 17, 2009

It's On. (And Off)

I am completely excited. Since the beginning of our marriage, I've been trying to combat Daniel's not-so-healthy eating habits. It's not that Dan eats bad, it's just that he's NEVER had to watch what he eats for fear of putting on weight. He can't gain weight to save his life. He is 100% pure muscle. Me on the other hand, I have a little bit more padding. If I even look at a donut, it attaches itself to my rumpus. Anyway, after hours of conversation and helpful information from friend Sarah Crawford, I'm beginning to see the benefits of natural eating. As in organic. All the way.

While the transition has been definitely gradual and at times sneaky, (as to not alarm Dan that he's eating healthier) I already feel better. Thankfully, Daniel has caught on. We bought the book The Seven Pillars of Health. It is a Biblically based book on eating naturally, focused on seeking to uphold and take care of "our temples." It is a 50 day devotion-style book with healthful, Biblical principles for each day. Unfortunately, we only have one book....................and Daniel is working out of town this week in Austin.................and he has the book. So I guess I'll catch up. I'm so excited about learning more about eating healthfully and naturally. It's on!

The thing that's off is our cable service. Yes, we are discontinuing our cable. Why? Although I haven't completely convinced myself that I won't be bored out of my mind, we're looking forward to not having it. We don't really watch TV all that much, but when we do, we do it wholeheartedly. I mean lay-on-the-couch-not-moving-for-6-hours watch it. We have many things we would like to do around the house, many books we hope to read, and housework that is continuous. More TV in our relationship means less conversation--a dangerous habit in a new marriage. More TV means less working out, and so many other things! Plus, while reviewing our finances, we realized we could save $500 a year by not having it! Be more productive and have and extra $500? We're chancing it! God bless Dan though. It's gonna be a tough fall without Fightin' Texas Aggie and Dallas Cowboys football, hunting shows galore, and the possibility of seeing the Rangers go to the playoffs. Be praying for us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment