Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sew Awesome

If any of you know my mom, you know that she is essentially the poster girl for Homemakers of America. She sews, she cooks, she does it all. I would always watch her sew when I was little and even got my feet wet for a while. My mom made ALL of her own clothes in high school and even got voted best dressed. I've always thought it would be neat to know how to sew but I've never had the motivation nor desire to actually take the time to officially learn how. About 3 to 4 years ago, my mom rescued a sewing machine and table out of the dumpster and got it working. Since then, she's been wanting to teach me how. Sarah Crawford has also been learning to sew and has been sharing with me how much fun it is and how surprisingly easy it is! She's a pro! She's already made a robe! So, this week, Daniel worked out of town, and needless to say I had a lot of time on my hands. My mom came, with the sewing machine, on Thursday and spent the night teaching me how to sew. She thought the easiest thing to start out learning to sew would be a baby blanket. (No, not for me) So it's official! (With the assistance of Homemaker B) I made a baby blanket! I legitimately kind of know how to sew! My next project is going to be making some pillows for the living room. I'm so pumped up about sewing now, I even went to Hobby Lobby this morning and bought some patterns and more fabric! I absolutely can't wait to learn more about it and get some more practice. Next thing I want to learn how to do: can things. Jellies, Jalapenos, Pickles, I want to learn how to do them all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment