Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We're Back! Again!

Holy cow, it's been over a year since I last attempted to keep people up to date on the happenings of us, and in a year, so much has changed!
One of the biggest updates is that I am pregnant, and nearing 20 weeks! We cannot explain to you the joy and love we have for this child already, knowing completely that this is the Lord's doing and timing.  Many of you may know that in November of 2009, after only five months of marriage, I found out I was pregnant.  After having shared the joy of our expectancy with all of our family, the good news was closely followed by the devastating news of a miscarriage in December.  Although heartbreaking, the Lord showed us through that time that He is Creator, Sustainer, and Comforter.  And after having decidedly left our attempts at having children up to the Lord since then, there is such peace in knowing He would give us a child in due time, in His time.  I can't believe we're almost halfway there!
My pregnancy has been pretty great thus far, no sickness and little to no nausea.  The biggest side effect has just been my diminished ability to get a good night's sleep due to discomfort and not being able to lie on my back. 
After having given it some thought, Dan and I have decided we're not going to find out what we're having.  To be completely honest, I've always thought people that wish to do that are crazy, and as it turns out, I'm married to one of them.  Dan put a bug in my ear about week 13 or 14 about not caring what we're having as far as genders go.  His reasoning was that if we don't care, why find out? I know, I know, not knowing "pink" or "blue" does limit a pregnant woman's decorating abilities, but I had decided long before I was pregnant I was going to do one nursery scheme, and one nursery scheme only.  No matter how many kids I had, no matter boys or girls.  One can't go wrong with white, brown, cream and gray.  (Really interesting colors I know, but you should see my closet.......full of clothes these colors and these colors only)  They are classic colors, and besides, my husband's frugality and hardcoreness in Dave Ramsey kind of limits the possibility of fanciful themes at this point in our lives. Okay, enough about the pregnancy/the baby for this post.
The most recent update is that Dan started a new job on Monday.  Dan decided back in August that, after having worked for Level1 for almost three years, it was time to move on.  He then enrolled in some math classes at MCC and was on track to obtain his teaching certification in hopes of becoming a teacher and coach.  He realized after some prayer and thought that this is not what he felt like he should do afterall.  He had been working at the sale barn in Meridian for about the last 3 months and really enjoyed it.  (i think mainly because he was 1. getting to see his friend Domel everyday (which enabled me to see Sarah some weekends :)) and 2. getting to learn all about cows and feel like a cowboy :))  Anyway, the drive back and forth began to wear on him, and him staying at his dad's several times a week began to wear on me.  We had been praying and praying for something to become available here locally and sure enough,  Dan began his job with the City of Woodway on Monday.  Although it's not something Dan sees himself doing for the rest of his life, it is something that he's okay doing at this stage in our lives due to the City's job security and benefits.  So needless to say we're thankful for both this provision and for Dan's willingness to work at this job.......and overwhelmed by God's faithfulness. 
I diligently intend on doing better at this blogging thing, mainly because now, I finally have things to blog about.  Forgive me for not posting pictures yet of my bump. (yes, it's there......IN FORCE.) :) I'll try to figure out the whole posting of pictures thing.  Until then, be patient with my blogging skills and don't mind the plain layout and such. It's a work in progress.......................Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment